Search This Blog

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Summer Salad Snack

Nothing like a fresh salad!  This night after the kids went to bed, We decided to have a yummy salad for a snack.  I buy a bag of 3 romaine lettuce (approx $2-4) each week. 


 Rinse and drain on a kitchen or paper towel.  Cutting it into bite size pieces for the week!
I like to place it into Tupperware container with a paper towel to keep it fresh!  It usually stays fresh for 5-7 days.  Much longer than the already bagged salad.


This night, I peeled fresh carrots (only other veggie in my fridge) and cut them with my fun crinkle cutter ad topped with some feta cheese for protein.
I typically like a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.  I am researching ways to make and keep my own dressing on hand.  To keep the calories low, I suggest that the dressing be on the side and dip the fork into it and then get a bite of salad.  This salad was less that 15 grams of carbohydrates and some protein from the cheese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you...