Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Easy Fall Meal with Chicken

This meal can be made anytime of the year, but reminded me of Fall.  I made this on my stove top, but could also be made in the oven, or crock pot.

Ingredients:
Frozen or thawed chicken breast
6-8 small red potatoes, cut into cubes
1 green pepper (These were from my garden)!
1/4 of an onion sliced
Salt and pepper or any seasoning you like.

                               

Stovetop: Place in non-stick skillet, no oil needed.  Cover on medium heat for about 30-45 mins. until chicken is cook through.  
Oven: Bake, covered on 350 degrees for about 30-45 mins. in the oven.  
Crockpot: 5-6 hours on high, or 10 hours on low.


This was so simple and only took me 5 minutes to prepare.  I cleaned the pool, swept the floor, emptied out the kids lunch boxes from school, and made my soccer lineup while this was cooking.  I cut up the chicken and spooned into bowls for the kids and myself to eat on the way to our soccer game.  This Fall.....my daughter is on 2 soccer teams, piano weekly, middle son is in baseball and travel soccer, and little guy is on a soccer team.  I am also working more than I have in 5 years, and hubby works crazy hours.  These quick and easy meals will be what I am all about this Fall.
Enjoy and be healthy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you...