Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

$50 dollars--Make Me Holla


I am excited to find such wonderful products at a fraction of the price-At the local Ruler's in Southern Indiana.  I am hoping that these items along with my Friday Finds (see previous blog) and a few already stocked items from my pantry and freezer will feed my family of 5 for over a week or more!


As you can see:  I splurged on 2 large bags of low-fat mozzarella and mexican cheese $4.99 each (my kids favorite),  I also purchased 40 oz. bag of Tilapia $8.99 (I made Fish taco's last night and can't wait to tell you how easy it was) and the kids and hubby devoured them!

Some items that will last a while:
1.   The large canister of whole oats $2.19 (So much cheaper and healthier than the individual packets)  More to come on healthy ways to eat oatmeal.
2.  Parmesan cheese-love using this with pepper on cooked/steamed frozen or fresh veggies instead of margarine or salt.  Also wonderful on grilled squash and zucchini. --Can't wait to get fresh produce this summer!!
3. Avocados- I used 2 last night to make guacamole, for the fish tacos, and plan to use the other on a large salad this weekend for lunch. They are high in fat, but the good fat.

I would love to hear about all the amazing food that you have found that go a long way to feed yourself and families---please share!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you...