Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

Friday Fresh Finds

     Can you guess how much I spent on all this today?

  Many of us are on a budget and it may be difficult to find reasonable fresh produce.  For a couple weeks, my own clients have told me about a market on the Westside of town.  So, I went to check it out!  Priceless Foods are a cost-plus format, offering products to customers at ten percent above the store’s cost.  As you can see below....I got a pretty good deal on most of these items.  I only focused this visit on the produce.  But, I quickly previewed the rest of the store and not sure it is much differently priced than a Walmart.  I was pleased with how the fresh fruits and veggies looked but some seemed a little over my budget.  I am hoping all this will help feed my family for a little while.  

So......the final total is:
After I take off the apple sauce (since I think I paid a little more than I would have liked) it came out to be about $27.50.......  Not too shabby.  I plan on going to a local Ruler Market to get some Almond Milk, 1%milk, whole grain cereal, and vanilla Greek yogurt in the next couple days.  More to come on my Ruler Shopping experience.  You may ask...How often do you go to the grocery?  I try to go once a week....or every few days if I get a chance to get a couple of necessary items.  You may have noticed that I try to shop at a couple stores, too.  I have recently tried to find the cheapest, but high quality food at each store (Rulers, Schnucks, Sam's and now Priceless) and may hit each store  about 1 time a month.

Happy produce shopping everyone.  Please share with me and others your own awesome finds!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you...