Search This Blog

Friday, March 22, 2013

Slightly Obsessed and Overwhelmed




Since I started this blog, I have become slightly obsessed.  Knowing that I am sharing with the world, things that I do for myself and my family, has really made me more aware of my own lifestyle.  I am striving to put the best and healthiest foods in my families mouths, on a budget.   I have noticed that my husband tried some vegetables that he used to say "I don't like that", and then he really enjoyed them, this time!  We are eating less processed foods and have more fruits and vegetables than we ever have in the past!  I say that I may be slightly obsessed, but this may actually be a good obsession?  I pray that I have a balance in my life with work, religion, family, fun, friends and food.  This is a challenge for all of us, and I only hope I can continue this balance!  I have been slightly obsessed with learning recently, too.  Searching the web, books, Facebook and from others.  I am more intrigued with learning more about, GMO's, processed foods, FDA, mercury in fish, etc.  I encourage you to take a look at some of the FB pages that I have liked and also follow them!

It is a bit overwhelming!  The more I have learned, the more overwhelmed I have become.  I came to the conclusion that I can only do MY BEST.  Doing my "Best" is what my parents, would tell me almost every day of my life in regards school, sports, and work.  All we can do, is OUR BEST!  I would love to eat ALL-organic, no GMO's, all-natural, have my own cow's, chicken's, full garden---But this is not possible for my family right now, and may never be.  BUT, I can do my best and TRY.  That is all I am hoping each and everyone of you will do, too.  

Since I started my blog and FB site, I have received messages, emails, and verbal comments that people love what I am doing, and it has been really helpful to them!!! This was my whole entire goal for this project!  I am also thankful that I haven't had any negative comments yet.  I say yet, cause I know they may be coming :-/  Even if I can help 1 person or family to make healthy food and activity changes---I have succeeded!  Please forward this to your friends and family and encourage them to follow, not only to help themselves, but their family. You can also click on the FB, twitter, google, email at the bottom of this blog to share, as well.   Please sign up at the top of the blog for email alerts.  I have also added a search engine at the top of my page, so you can hopefully type in a word and it will pull up anything that I have blogged about with that topic for you.  PLEASE keep commenting on your own experiences and feel free to email me the ways you are staying healthy.  I would love to start blogging other people ideas, if you would be willing to share??

If you have over an hour to watch?  Please watch this Free, eye opening video. It may help you stay motivated or get you started with a healthier lifestyle!
Your friend,
~D

http://www.hungryforchange.tv/free-screening

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, I am so proud of the work you are doing to help not only your family, but others as well. This is all valuable information and I'm sure you are hoping I will pay close attention to all of it. I am trying, though it seems a little slow getting started. I must admit that you have brought to my attention many things I just did not know. I am starting by eating more fresh fruits and vegetables. Can I get a "little" credit for that? Like I always told you and Amy, "I'm doing by best" for now. As I know better I will try my best to do better.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you...