Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2013

Honey-Lime Fruit Salad

I picked up some fruit at a local Ruler Foods market and decided to make a yummy fruit salad for some friends' get-together. I found a recipe on Pinterest and have been wanting to make it for several weeks. It is so easy!  This is what I did:

                                          Large batch  8-10 cups/servings
 Juice of 2 Limes
 4 Tbs. of Honey
poured the mixture over the fruit and tossed!

For 4 servings/4 cups fruit
 1 Lime
 2 Tbs. Honey

I love fruit without these two ingredients, but it did liven up the fruit and kept the apples and bananas from turning brown!  This would be wonderful for any fruit combination.

If you have this for a dessert or snack, try to keep it to 1 cup/ small coffee cup size= approx 30 grams of carbohydrates.


This could be frozen in single servings then where you want some....let it sit out for 30 min and      enjoy at anytime of the year!


Here are several items that I found for a really good deal! 5 bags of frozen veggies, grapes, bananas, apples, strawberries, mandarin oranges, eggs, lemons, 100% fruit juice, roman lettuce, local honey, 2 bags of organic corn chips for my yummy Guacamole. All for about $25!!!







1 comment:

  1. Anytime I am not feeling well, the only thing that sounds good to me is fresh fruit salad. Your recipe sounds great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you...